Thursday 20 May 2010

Gilbert & George- An inspiration



Gilbert & George are two fantastic contemporary artists that I love ,Their work is recognisable mostly for their very formal appearance and manor as well as their bold colours which reminded me of stained glass windows.They are two wonderful artists- that have already began to influence my work via colours as well as the structure of their stuff and i couldnt believe it when I took an unplanned walk around Aberdeen Art Gallery to see them exhibiting a piece this month. Something else which added to my appreciation was their constant symmetry which subconsciously Ive noticed my work also follows, I also like their similarity to Stained Glass windows in their colours and Structure. To see Gilbert & Georges hysterical but strange video "Bend it" click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails